Chee-POAT-lay


Okay I lied. This will be my last post before Thailand. Sorry! I just really love this photo that I took on my friend, Bonnie's, 21st birthday cruise, And knowing me, if I didn't post it now, I probably never will. It would've remained there in the depths of my phone's memory, like an overdue banana shoved to the back of your fridge, never to be enjoyed or savoured by a human being worthy of its glory.

Yeah, no, I don't know what I'm talking about either. This post is an unfortunate by-product of sleep deprivation, procrastination and endless repeats of nostalgic noughties hits on my phone. I told myself the moment I woke up today that I would get right into printing out the required travel documents and organising things to bring but it's currently 2 pm and all I've managed to do is download a bunch of Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake onto my phone. Cynthia, girl, get yo shit together.

In other news, I went shopping the other day and bought three packs of those miniature clip-on koala toys from Dollar King to give to my potential students in Thailand. I got about 36 of them but now I'm wondering if I should've gotten more. Wouldn't it be horrible if I underestimated and a couple of kids had to miss out? Maybe I could get more at the airport.

What else?

I'm really digging Tove Lo's new single.

Hey, I just realised that the banner images for my latest five posts contain some element of water.

Chipotle is pronounced Chee-POAT-lay. I didn't know that. I've been making an utter embarrassment of myself these last few years. WHY DIDN'T ANYONE CORRECT ME YOU GUYS ARE TERRIBLE FRIENDS.

I still have sand and various bits of unknown materials in my hair from yesterday's swim.

I should shower.

In fact I'm going to go do that now instead of wasting your time.

And then I will pack.

No really, I will.

Au Revoir, mes petits choux :)

P.S. Here are some extra photos from yesterday. Happy Birthday again Bonnie!

Is it pronounced "cat-ah-me-ran" or "cat-eh-MA-ren"? Someone answer me to save me from future humiliating situations. 
(Photo credit: Fatima)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts